An indispensable guide offering insight and support to carers of people with depression
Looking after a person with depression can often leave carers emotionally and physically exhausted. This short, straightforward and easily understandable guide offers valuable advice on how carers can:
– better understand the nature of depression and how it affects both patient and carer
– have a clearer understanding of the treatment options for the patient, including medication and therapy
– lessen the impact of the illness on the carer’s life
– find the help and support they need
– maintain their own well-being whilst supporting the patient through to recovery and beyond
Although aimed at the carer, this is a guide that is equally valuable to the patient themselves and to their wider family and friends in promoting a better understanding of the experience of depression.