The highest peak? The deepest ocean trench? The wettest, driest, longest, largest – we list the world’s fascinating extremes. Alongside the topography and physical attributes of the earth we also show political boundaries and the great global cities, including transport hubs and places of interest from mosques to temples, palaces to zoos and shopping centres to tourist information centres.
Crammed with practical information like a Distance Chart for World Cities, World Time Zones, over 200 State Flags and the top 100 most populous countries, we include around 15,000 places indexed for easy checking. Whether for the pub quiz, travel planning or school reference, this great value handy world atlas is crammed with everything you need to know. Features include:
* 200 Flags of the world’s major states and territories
* 21 City centre maps: transport (road, rail, trams, light railways, bus and railway stations) and places of interest including religious buildings (churches, abbeys, cathedrals, synagogues, shrines, temples, mosques), museums, galleries, theatres, palaces, castles, parks, gardens, zoos, shopping centres, hospitals, Tourist Centres.
* World city distance table
* World time zones map
* World country comparisons table – the population and areas of the world’s top 100 most populous countries
* World physical comparisons- largest oceans, longest rivers, biggest islands, highest peaks, deepest trenches.
* Continental Comparator – for each one we show area, coldest place, hottest place, wettest place, driest place
* World topographic maps – with coloured contour layers and hill-shading clearly outlining the Earth’s surface.
* World political maps – the latest boundary and geopolitical changes, with cities, provinces and countries shown.
* Index of around 15,000 place-names – with geographical features like mountains, lakes and deserts, as well as towns.