From museums and monuments to sleepy mountain towns and beaches, history comes to life with Moon Virginia & Maryland. Inside you’ll find:
* Strategic, flexible itineraries, including a two-week tour of the best of both states and a week on the eastern shore, with ideas for road-trippers, history buffs, claw-cracking crab lovers, and more
* Can’t miss experiences and unique activities: Peep the changing leaves on Skyline Drive, raft down the Shenandoah River, hike a segment of the Appalachian Trail, or relax on the beach of the quaint (and car-free!) Tangier Island. Wander through world-class museums and marvel at the impressive monuments in Washington DC. Feast on oysters and beer in a historic tavern, hit the trendy eateries in Baltimore, or kick back at a crab shack for a taste of Maryland’s famous blue crab
* Ways to immerse yourself in history: Step back in time at Revolutionary and Civil War battlefields, experience colonial life in Williamsburg, or tour the homes of former presidents like Jefferson and Washington
* Local insight from native Virginian Michaela Riva Gaaserud on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
* Full-colour, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
* Thorough background on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture, plus advice for families, seniors, and international visitors With Moon Virginia and Maryland’s practical tips and local know-how, you can experience the best of these two remarkable states.
Hitting the road? Try Moon Drive & Hike Appalachian Trail. Staying in the city? Check out Moon Washington DC.