It’s time to break free from the perfectionism that drives your depression.
Many of us were raised to believe that mental illness of any kind is a weakness, or worse-a sign of failure. And if you’re a perfectionist, a people pleaser, or judge yourself harshly, admitting that you have a real problem with depression can be extremely difficult. You may not have admitted it to yourself.
The problem is that-no matter how much you try-you can’t hide your depression forever. And you shouldn’t have to. You deserve to be genuinely happy; and the only way you can cultivate that kind of happiness is to deal with your problems head on. It won’t be easy. But this book will help guide you, every imperfect step of the way. With this compassionate guide, you’ll:
· Gain greater awareness of your depression
· Make the difficult commitment to the healing process
· Confront the belief systems of your life that keep you paralysed
· Connect with long-suppressed emotions in an accepting, healthy way
· Change your life for the better
Admitting that you need help isn’t a sign of weakness. In fact, it’s a sign of deep self-awareness and strength. With this book, you’ll learn to face your fears of being “imperfect,” move toward healing your depression, and gain the self-acceptance you’ve been missing for so long.