Banff sparkles as the crown jewel of Canada’s national parks. Explore the best of it with Moon Banff National Park.
Moon Banff National Park features:
* Strategies for getting to Banff National Park by car or plane
* In-depth chapters on each region of the parkand its surroundings, including the town of Banff, Lake Louise and vicinity, Icefields Parkway, and other nearby parks
* Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughoutExpert tips for hiking, biking, skiing, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety information
* Detailed hike descriptions with mileage, elevation gains, difficulty ratings, and trailhead directions
* The best places to spot wildlife like black bears, elk, and bighorn sheep
* The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Ride over the snow in a horse-drawn sleigh or through the sky in a mountain gondola. Follow the vast network of hiking trails along glacial valleys to alpine lakes and to spectacular secluded vistas. Soak in a natural hot spring, treat yourself at a luxurious mountain resort, or discover the park’s history at one of Banff’s excellent museums. Grab a cup of coffee at a local shop, or experience the town’s classic après-ski nightlife
* Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and Banff local Andrew Hempstead
* Honest advice on when to go and where to stay inside and outside the park, including mountain lodges and campgrounds
* Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
* Recommendations for families, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
* Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Banff National Park’s expert advice, myriad activities, and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring more of Canada’s national parks? Try Moon Canadian Rockies. Hitting the road? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip.