Get Started in Indonesian Absolute Beginner Course
by Safitri Widagdo
Do you want a solid foundation to your Indonesian studies?
If you are looking for a solid foundation to your language studies for school, work or travel, this engaging course will get you speaking, writing, reading and understanding Indonesian in no time. Through authentic conversations, clear language presentations, and extensive practice and review, you will learn the Indonesian you need to communicate naturally in everyday situations – from booking a hotel room to talking about friends and family.
What will I learn? Basic Indonesian is slowly and carefully introduced to ensure you progress confidently through the course and build up a foundation to allow you to feel confident in everyday situations and move to the next level of your learning. It teaches grammar, vocabulary and listening, reading, writing, speaking and pronunciation skills. By the end of the course you will reach a solid Novice High proficiency level of ACTFL (The American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and A2 Beginner level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) guidelines.
Is this course for me? Get Started in Indonesian is for absolute and false beginners of Indonesian. Clear and simple explanations make the course appropriate and accessible to anyone learning Indonesian. There are extensive illustrations to support the learner working on his or her own. This course is also ideal to use with one-to-one tutoring and as a classroom course.
What do I get?
This book has a learner-centred approach that incorporates the following features:
– 10 units of learning content – covering everyday topics from booking a hotel room to talking about friends and family
– Discovery Method – figure out rules and patterns yourself to make the language stick
– Outcomes-based learning – focus your studies with clear aims
– Vocabulary building – thematic lists and activities to help you learn vocabulary quickly
– Test yourself – see and track your own progress
– Native speaker audio – available as a digital download
– Free, downloadable audio transcripts and vocabulary and language reference lists
The audio for this course is available for free on library.teachyourself.com or from the Teach Yourself Library app.
Where do I go next?
If you want to advance your Indonesian, our Complete Indonesian course (9781444102338) will take you to an intermediate level of Indonesian.
Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years