An estimated 6.2 per cent of the population is believed to suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder–and for each person diagnosed, there are dozens of family members who are affected and overwhelmed by their behaviour. Expert and survivor Julie Hall takes an in-depth look at causes and symptoms, as well as defining traits and behaviours. She dispels misconceptions about narcissism and provides real-life examples from experts, clinicians, and survivors, addressing issues such as:
– Recognising abuse and manipulation
– Handling specific behaviours such as projecting, shaming, and gaslighting
– Dealing with narcissists online
– Dealing with narcissistic parents and spouses
– Navigating narcissism through caretaking, sibling divisions, and parental alienation
Wise, affirming, and practical, The Narcissist in Your Life is a supportive, compassionate guide to help adult children, partners, siblings, and others with narcissistically abusive family members end the cycle and find healing.