Can you find the very best stories and help them reach millions of readers?
Who we are and what we do:
Bookouture is the UK’s fastest growing digital publisher of commercial fiction. We are only eight years old but we have now sold over 40 million books to readers worldwide, and 2020 was our best year yet. To keep up this incredible rate of growth, we need only the best talent…
What you will be doing:
- Acquiring exciting new authors, creating persuasive and creative pitches.
- Working on concepts and overseeing a rigorous editing process on every book.
- Building long-lasting relationships with authors and agents.
- Publishing commercial books drawing on your market knowledge, ensuring that every book has the right title, package and copy to stand out in the digital market.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with a strong sense of what readers want, and an eye for a great story.
- A creative copywriter and a meticulous editor.
- Someone who knows a brilliant cover design and what makes a strong commercial package.
- Someone who loves using data to improve the way you do things.
- Excellent author care, matched with a desire to make the right commercial decisions.
What we offer:
- We offer flexible working for all staff, whatever your circumstances. This includes the opportunity to work from home for several days per week along with flexible hours to fit your life.
- Bookouture is a dynamic working environment, where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the capacity to change things, take risks and do things differently.
- We are a fun and sociable workplace with a positive team atmosphere.
- You will be part of a fast-growing company, with the opportunities for career progression that offers.
Salary range: £30,000-£40,000 plus bonus.
We are committed to creating a company as diverse as the readers we reach and encourage applications from all ages, faiths, ethnicities, genders and sexualities as well as those from varied socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you have the talent to succeed in a fast-paced, commercial and creative digital business, we want to hear from you. Your skills and potential are more important than the number of years’ publishing experience that you have.
For a full job description for the Commissioning Editor role and how to apply, please click here.
Closing date: April 18th 2021.