Who we are and what we do
Hachette Children’s Group, a division of Hachette UK, publishes award-winning best-selling titles from board books to illustrated fiction, non-fiction and YA. Our list includes authors and illustrators such as Enid Blyton, Cressida Cowell, J.K. Rowling, Jim Field, Alex T. Smith, Onjali Q. Rauf, Akala, Matthew Syed and Leigh Bardugo.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a full-time Publishing Operations Executive, an important and pivotal role for HCG that would suit someone who is passionate about data accuracy, improving workflow processes and behind-the-scenes work that oils the engine! This is a position that will suit someone with experience – the primary function of the role is to assist in driving efficiency through the systems and processes as required by a modern, multi-imprint publisher in a fast-changing industry.
The job will involve three areas of business operations:
- Scheduling and attending our regular acquisitions meetings, and ensuring new acquisitions are set up on Biblio (our publishing software system) to enable contractual workflow.
- Implementing and running publishing schedules, reports and checks to ensure everyone in the business is up to speed with our programme, and data requirements are being met in time for feed demands.
- Maintaining regular system-driven workflows, such as system upgrade testing, data cleansing, trouble-shooting data-related issues, refining processes and other system-based tasks involved in the publishing process.
The successful applicant will need to be strong communicator as they will be working with all departments – editorial, production, rights, marketing, sales and IT. You will be experienced with Biblio and Excel, have a process-driven, methodical attitude, and be comfortable learning new technology. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including season ticket loan, pension scheme, staff discount on books, plus a huge and varied training portfolio.
Who we’re looking for
- Proven experience of working in an Ops role for a publisher
- Experience working with Biblio
- Confidence with Excel and working with reports / reporting systems
- Process-driven attitude and obsessed with data accuracy
- Self starter and happy learner of new technology
- Ambition to progress in Operations
What we offer
This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable business operations experience in a forward-thinking publisher with a diverse range of books. You will be part of our highly respected and experienced Operations and Production team based in our beautiful London offices overlooking the Thames.
The job offers the chance to gain first class commercial experience in publishing operations in a forward-thinking, innovative, fast-paced, global corporate environment.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds. Read more about Changing the Story here.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd September
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
To apply, please click here