Based in Didcot.
Who we are and what we do
Hachette IT work alongside all publishing divisions and our Hachette UK Distribution business to achieve our mission to be the publisher of choice for all people through the books we publish and our actions as a company; Making it easy for everyone, everywhere, to access new worlds – of learning, entertainment and opportunity.
What you will be doing
You will be working with a dedicated and motivated team who provide back end server and networking support across the publishing and distribution businesses.
What we are looking for
This is an opportunity for someone ideally with experience of working within an enterprise support team, possessing the ability to build trust and strong working relationships across a diverse set of colleagues, teams and locations. You must demonstrate trustworthiness, integrity and honesty and accept feedback from others with humility.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Support the Network and Infrastructure team in BAU activities.
- Work within the service desk logging system, Ivanti, to ensure that tickets assigned to the team are responded to within department SLA’s.
- Support 3rd parties when appropriate and ensure their systems are kept in line with department support standards.
- Liaise across departments to communicate issues and provide updates about system availability.
- Provide input into future workstreams to identify improvements and drive innovation.
What we offer
This role is based in our distribution center – HHC and is an opportunity to join a fun and progressive thinking team, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Closing Date: 7th February 2020
Salary Range: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Hachette UK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.