IT Service Desk Analyst
Fixed Term Contract
Based in Didcot
Who we are and what we do
Do you pride yourself on your customer service skills? We are currently looking for enthusiastic, proactive team members to offer the best IT support to staff across Hachette UK.
The IT Service Desk acts as the initial point of contact between IT and our customers and system users on a day to day basis. The purpose of the job is as a focal point for the reporting, resolution and escalation of incidents, service requests, change requests and problems, ensuring that every user has an amazing customer service experience with every issue or request they raise.
What you’ll be doing
IT Service Desk Analysts will be the front line of customer liaison and support. Your role will be to answer and log all calls into the service management system in a timely manner and provide both 1st and 2nd line assistance, support and troubleshooting, aiming for first contact resolution or escalating to the appropriate team when necessary.
Who we’re looking for
This role requires a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive person who can work well individually or within a team supporting a range of different types of users and systems. You will be an ambassador for IT in all dealings and communications with users.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – both face to face and over the telephone. Clear and concise telephone communication is essential.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An excellent personal time-manager with good prioritisation skills.
- Basic troubleshooting and administration skills for desktop systems, tablets, smart phones, printers, Microsoft Windows (particularly Windows 7 and 10), and Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of networking, particularly Local Area Networks, plus DNS and DHCP.
- Minimum of 12 months’ Service Desk experience, ideally in an ITIL focused service environment.
What we offer
The role is based in our Didcot distribution centre, as per of an experience and friendly team in a dynamic working environment.
Closing date: 17th January 2020
Salary range: £25,000 per annum
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Hachette UK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.