Who we are and what we do
Hachette IT work alongside all publishing divisions and our Hachette UK Distribution business to achieve our mission to be the publisher of choice for all people through the books we publish and our actions as a company; Making it easy for everyone, everywhere, to access new worlds – of learning, entertainment and opportunity.
What you will be doing
You will be managing a fun and energetic service desk team who provide front-line IT support across the publishing and distribution businesses.
What we are looking for
This is an opportunity for someone ideally with experience in managing a team, possessing the ability to build trust and strong working relationships across a diverse set of colleagues, teams and locations. You must demonstrate trustworthiness, integrity and honesty and can accept feedback from others with humility.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Focus on the day to day management of the service desk team including coaching, mentoring and appraisals
- Act as the first point of escalation for all issues or requests to the service desk
- Define service levels for the team and ensure they are achieved so that expectations are exceeded
- Manage and collaborate with 3rd party suppliers when appropriate and ensure their performance is in line with our agreed support agreement
- Management of critical incidents and associated companywide communications
- Create, manage and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders across Hachette’s publishing and distribution businesses
What we offer
This role is based in our London office, and is an opportunity to join a fun and progressive thinking team, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
Send your full CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com. Alternatively, hard copies can be sent to: HR Department, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Closing date: 23rd October 2019
Salary range: £40,000- £45,000 per annum dependant on experience
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.