We are recruiting a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER for our exciting Board Games business.
Who we are and what we do
We are proud to be one of the largest and most successful publishers worldwide across physical books, as well as digital and audio publishing.
We have recently acquired Gigamic, a French board game publisher, well-known for its hugely successful strategy games such as Quarto, Quoridor and Katamino, which all sold more than 1 million units to date. Gigamic publishes around 15 new games each year, with sales of over E 15 millions.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to lead the expansion of Gigamic into the UK & Irish market.
This role will report into our UK Sales Team, together with a dotted reporting line into our French office.
What you’ll be doing
Working with the Hachette UK sales and marketing teams, you will be in charge of the commercialization of Gigamic games in the UK and Ireland. You will be working closely with the wider sales team to reference the products in various key accounts while seeking new relevant channels of distribution.
Your main tasks will be the following:
- Introduce the Gigamic products to the UK & Irish markets, building profile.
- Negotiate with key account buyers (Waterstones, WH Smith, John Lewis, Easons)
- Reach into the independent games retailers’ network
- Select and participate to relevant fairs and events across UK and Ireland
Additional marketing skills would be highly appreciated for this role to:
- Implement sales support (POS advertising)
- Implement advertising program
- Lead the social media strategy
Who we’re looking for :
A board game enthusiast and a great communicator, looking for a true challenge, you should demonstrate:
- Excellent sales & negotiation skills.
- Strong experience in business development, ideally in the entertainment industry.
- A new business focus with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Familiarity with the UK key accounts & retailers in the entertainment space
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously.
Having the ability to think “out of the box” is a real plus.
What we offer
You will be joining a creative and dynamic environment to develop this new challenging activity.
This role is based in our gorgeous, centrally located London office, with occasional travel across the UK & Irish territory.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers/gamers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
Please apply to Thibaut Hamon: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th October 2019, enclosing a CV and a covering note.