Who we are and what we do
Hachette Children’s Group (HCG) is one of the largest children’s publishers in the UK, with an excellent track record in creating bestselling and award-winning books for children. The Group aims to cater for every child, with baby and pre-school books, picture books, gift, fiction, non-fiction, series fiction, books for the school and library market and licensed publishing and comprises the imprints Hodder Children’s Books, Orchard Books, Orion Children’s Books, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, Quercus Children’s Books, Pat-a-Cake, Wren & Rook, Franklin Watts and Wayland Books.
Hachette Children’s Group is also the publisher of author Enid Blyton, and the owner of Enid Blyton Entertainment.
What you will be doing
The role is in the HCG divisional finance team, which is a team of four providing commercial finance support for all areas of business activities. The role reports to the HCG Finance Director and gives exposure to all areas of the divisional function with specific responsibilities including:
- Assist in reporting of monthly P&L results, with key revenue and cost variances fully analysed
- Compiling and producing monthly management accounts
- Reconciliation of inventory balance and associated provisions
- Provide accurate and timely data analysis and commercial insight for the business as required
- Assist in the planning and budgeting process
What we are looking for
- Excellent excel skills (essential)
- Knowledge of SAP (desirable)
- Strong attention to detail / able to self-review work (essential)
- Ability to communicate to financial information to non-financial colleagues (essential)
- Experience in a similar accounting role and/or experience of reconciling inventory balances
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage
Part qualified or recently qualified accountant
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a friendly, nimble, commercially focused finance team in a leading children’s publisher. The role is based in our London office on Victoria Embankment.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
To apply, click here
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Salary: £40,000 – £46,000 depending on accountancy qualification and experience