Fresh Chapters 12-Month Traineeship
If you have a passion for books and are keen to gain experience in the highly competitive publishing sector, then look no further!
Hachette has published some of the world’s most successful author brands, including Miranda Hart, Enid Blyton, Martina Cole, John Grisham & Stephen King. They are offering exceptional candidates from a BAME background, with a passion for books, the chance to apply for a 12-month programme with them. This is an amazing role for those looking to pursue a career in publishing and gain an insight into the industry.
The Fresh Chapters 12-Month Traineeship provides individuals from a BAME background with the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in publishing. Successful applicants will spend six months with an editorial department and six months within either a Marketing or Publicity department (state your preference in your cover letter upon application). To find out more about what to expect, please see the videos below.
This is an excellent chance to work in a creative and dynamic publishing house. The successful candidates will gain experience working in a collaborative environment, surrounded by talented, passionate people.
- This programme is aimed at motivated individuals from BAME backgrounds (Black, Asian or ethnic minority backgrounds) who are underrepresented in the publishing industry
- They will work with a Hachette UK publisher for one year as part of the programme
- The programme will include a six-month placement in an editorial department where you will be able to have a real creative input
- The remaining six months will be spent within a Marketing or Publicity department (state your preference in your cover letter)
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview and to attend an assessment day on 8th August 2019
- Successful candidates will start their traineeship on 30th September 2019 and so this opportunity is ideally suited to recent grads or final year students but applications from more experienced candidates are also welcome
- Hachette are interested in a wide range of experience. This is not limited to publishing experience only
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK and be at least 18 years’ old
- The following parts must all be completed and saved as one Word document and uploaded via your Creative Access account on the website:
1. Your CV
2. Your Cover Letter (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be considered)
3. Complete the 2 essay questions below
a. Using your knowledge of current trends, what new book (Fiction or Non-Fiction) would you like to see published and why?
b. Tell us about a book that has made an impact on you in the last 12 months and why
Please state your preference in your cover letter between Marketing or Publicity for your second placement
Salary or training bursary: £20,000 p/a
Application Deadline: July 14, 2019
Start Date: September 30, 2019 for 12 months
- PLEASE NOTE* This traineeship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background