Who we are and what we do
Little, Brown Book Group, four-time winner of the Publisher of the Year Award, is one of the most successful and dynamic publishers in the UK. Across fourteen imprints, we publish as wide a range of titles as anyone in the industry, and pride ourselves on the quality, variety and diversity of our publishing output. Our award-winning marketing department creates consistently impactful and innovative campaigns, building buzz and awareness and driving book sales.
What you’ll be doing
Little, Brown Book Group is looking for a talented, energetic marketer to take on strategic management of all our literary marketing activity under the Little, Brown, Virago, Dialogue, Fleet, Corsair and Abacus imprints. These imprints are home to a wide range of literary fiction and non-fiction, including bestselling, award-winning authors such as Sarah Waters, David Sedaris, Jane Harper, Alexander McCall Smith, Celeste Ng, Margaret Atwood and many more.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this is a senior role in the team, with involvement in the acquisitions and publishing strategies for these imprints and line management of a Senior Marketing Executive.
Job requirements include:
• Strategic responsibility for all our literary marketing activity
• Close involvement in acquisitions
• Campaign work across our top authors
• Expert knowledge of social media
• A thorough understanding of direct-to-consumer channels
• Developing successful working relationships with key colleagues across the business
• Proactively seeking out creative ways to promote titles
• Rigorous analysis of campaign results
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will be motivated, proactive and, crucially, a big reader of literary fiction and non-fiction. They will also have experience of managing people and of working in a busy marketing department at a trade publisher and with senior colleagues across the business.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate campaign experience, so in addition to sending us your CV, please include this in your covering letter.
Skills should include:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional experience using all major social media platforms (including scheduling and advertising platforms)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
• Good working knowledge of WordPress and Photoshop
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
Please apply with a cv and a covering letter including your campaign experience. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 7th July 2019. Applications after this date will not be considered.