We are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Management Accountant for our Hodder & Stoughton, Headline, John Murray Press and Quercus Divisions
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. The divisions of HHJQ combined are the biggest in Hachette and cover a diverse range of publishing from Commercial Trade to Faith and Self Help & Care publishing
What you will be doing
The post holder will contribute to the provision of a comprehensive progressive finance service to the company.
This role is positioned within the HHJQ Finance team, reporting to the Senior Management Accountant and is varied position that requires excellent attention to detail and a systematic approach
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Compiling and producing the monthly management accounts
- Maintaining and developing the reporting processes ensuring reporting deadlines are met
- Assisting with monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Producing accurate and timely profitability information for the business as required
- Supporting the commercial management team to contribute to the profitability of the business through various initiatives
What we are looking for
- High level Excel skills are essential
- Excellent attention to detail with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Good systems knowledge, ability to use SAP would be an advantage
- Ability to manipulate large volumes of financial and statistical data to produce meaningful & accurate reports for senior management
- Strong organisational & communication skills required to communicate financial data to non-finance colleagues
- Experience in a similar accounting role
- Worked within the Publishing Industry (desirable)
- Ability to use SAP would be an advantage
Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA) or someone looking to start an accountancy qualification would be desirable
What we offer
This role is based in our main London Office in Blackfriars and is an opportunity to join a fun and progressive thinking team, whilst working across the full range of publishing spectrum Hachette UK offers a competitive salary and benefits package and an amazing rooftop staff cafe.
To apply, send your full CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, hard copies can be sent to: HR Department, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Closing Date: 24th April 2019
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 depending on experience.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.