Who we are and what we do
Jessica Kingsley Publishers is a growing company that has a strong social justice agenda and is committed to publishing books that make a difference to people’s lives. We publish on social care and mental health and have a market leading portfolio of books on the autism spectrum. More recently we’ve broken new ground with our publishing in gender diversity.
We’re based in London with an office in Philadelphia and are part of the John Murray Press division of Hachette Group. We’re a supportive and dynamic team who value collaboration and sharing ideas.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll have ownership of the marketing on a range of books within our education and special educational needs list that empower children, teens, parents and the professionals who work with them.
- Your responsibilities will range from creating market awareness, interest and excitement for our products to inputting into new book proposals and managing relationships with authors.
- You’ll be using a mix of online and offline marketing methods including social media, email, Search Engine Marketing, direct mail, specialist press and promotions with partner organizations.
- You’ll delve deep into the communities that you serve as we believe strongly that understanding our audiences is crucial to the success of our publishing.
- Many of our products sell globally and so you’ll be collaborating regularly with colleagues in the JKP US office.
Who we’re looking for
- Substantial experience in marketing, communications, media, publishing or a related field
- An enthusiasm for generating new ideas, and the confidence to share these with your team and internal stakeholders/colleagues
- A proactive attitude and results-focused approach
- An understanding of what drives revenue and the factors contributing to a successful marketing campaign
- A good instinct for spotting new marketing opportunities
- Superb communication skills to convey your thoughts and ideas with confidence and influence
What we offer
An opportunity to gain insight into specialist publisher marketing and add to your existing knowledge and experience. You will be working with a small, friendly team in Central London near King’s Cross, with access to training and networking opportunities offered by Hachette UK.
Salary: £24k – £27k, depending on experience
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
To apply, send your full CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, hard copies can be sent to: HR Department, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Closing Date: 21st April 2019
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.