Desktop Systems Engineer
Group IT, London
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. IT support is provided by our in-house Group IT function serving both the publishing and distribution sides of the business.
What you will be doing
We are looking to appoint an experienced and self-motivated, Desktop Systems Engineer to act as a technical escalation point for all desktop related issues and requests.
This role requires a person who is detail and process oriented and who can work well individually or within a team supporting a range of different types of users and systems.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Act as a 3rd Line Escalation Point for the IT Service Desk, Mac support and Project teams.
- KACE/SCCM administration for application/OS packaging and deployment and asset management.
- Contribute to the road map for Windows Desktop systems, testing and advise on new hardware and OS releases.
- Undertake the testing of desktop systems and related software for errors, identify source of problems and propose solutions
- Develop, implement and document test plans for new desktop systems and related software
- Plan and coordinate relevant project work e.g. new software or OS deployment, review actions and amend plans as necessary; report on relevant project work to management and the business.
- Communicate the impact of emerging technologies to the business and advise upon the potential introduction of such technology
The ideal candidate will have worked in a medium to large scale IT department and should be able to demonstrate a string ability to find solutions to complex IT problems.
Previous experience of enterprise level desktop management systems e.g. KACE, SCCM would be an advantage.
What we offer
This role is based in our London office, and is an opportunity to join a fun and progressive thinking team, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, send your full CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, hard copies can be sent to: HR Department, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Closing Date: 29th March 2019
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.