Production Controller (2 days per week)
Octopus Publishing Group
Octopus Publishing Group is one of the UK’s leading high-quality illustrated publishers, with an exciting catalogue of titles covering everything from health, food, drink and gardening to maps, antiques, photography and design.
We have a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and passionate individual to join our talented and friendly Production team. The position would suit somebody with 2-3 years’ experience of producing colour books, and who is keen to work in a highly creative environment.
You will be required to control the production and delivery of frontlist and backlist printings, co-editions and bespoke sales editions, ensuring they are specified and manufactured to high-quality standards, within agreed budgets and to required schedules.
Experience and skills required:
- - Passion and flair for Production backed-up by solid hands-on experience of book-making
- - Experience of working with overseas repro and print suppliers, especially in the Far East
- - Excellent communication and administration skills are essential, as well as a dedicated and helpful attitude and an ability to build effective professional relationships with internal and external colleagues and suppliers
- - Visually aware with a keen eye for detail and colour
- - Numerate with keen negotiation skills
- - A good knowledge of InDesign and Excel are essential and previous experience of Biblio 3 would be beneficial. Working on a Mac shouldn’t faze you
We are looking for a friendly team player who is highly organised and dependable to join our hardworking department.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary details to: email@example.com Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Hachette UK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette UK is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.