IT Service Desk Analyst
Based at Bookpoint, Didcot, Oxfordshire
Do you pride yourself on your customer service skills? We are currently looking for enthusiastic, proactive team members to offer the best IT support to staff across Hachette UK
The IT Service Desk acts as the initial point of contact between IT and our customers and system users on a day to day basis. The purpose of the job is as a focal point for the reporting, resolution and escalation of incidents, service requests, change requests and problems, ensuring that every user has an amazing customer service experience with every issue or request they raise.
This role requires a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive person who is able to work well individually or within a team supporting a range of different types of users and systems. You will be an ambassador for IT in all dealings and communications with users.
IT Service Desk Analysts will be the front line of customer liaison and support. Your role will be to answer and log all calls into the service management system in a timely manner and provide both 1st and 2nd line assistance, support and troubleshooting, aiming for first contact resolution or escalating to the appropriate team when necessary.
We are looking for certain skills and experience. However, over and above everything, you will have superb customer service skills and enjoy solving customer IT problems.
- - Excellent customer service skills.
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills – both face to face and over the telephone. Clear and concise telephone communication is essential.
- - Self-motivated with ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- - Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- - Strong attention to detail.
- - An excellent personal time-manager with good prioritisation skills.
- - Basic troubleshooting and administration skills for desktop systems, tablets, smart phones, printers, Microsoft Windows (particularly Windows 7 and 8), and Microsoft Office.
- - Basic understanding of networking, particularly Local Area Networks, plus DNS and DHCP.
- - Minimum of 12 months’ Service Desk experience, ideally in an ITIL focused service environment.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary details to: email@example.com Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Hachette UK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette UK is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.