IT Desktop Systems Engineer
Do you pride yourself on both your technical ability and customer service skills? We are currently looking for enthusiastic, proactive team members to offer the best IT support to staff across Hachette UK
This role requires a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive person who is able to work well individually or within a team supporting a range of different types of users and systems. You will be an ambassador for IT in all dealings and communications with users.
The Desktop Systems Engineer will act as a technical escalation point, coach and mentor for both the IT Service desk and project teams as required. Your role will be to ensure that all escalated calls from the teams are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
You will provide technical support on a range of desktop systems, peripherals and software using telephone support, remote support and onsite/face to face support with users.
You will be required to manage and deliver approved service improvement initiatives as and when they arise.
We are looking for certain skills and experience. However, over and above everything, you will have superb customer service skills and enjoy solving customer IT problems.
- - Excellent customer service skills.
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills – both face to face and over the telephone. Clear and concise telephone communication is essential.
- - Self-motivated with ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- - Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- - Strong attention to detail.
- - An excellent personal time-manager with good prioritisation skills.
- - Strong troubleshooting and administration skills for desktop systems, tablets, smart phones, printers, Microsoft Windows (particularly Windows 7, 8 and 10), and Microsoft Office.
- - Recognised technical specialist skills in key business area, (e.g. MS Windows/Office, desktop builds, etc.).
- - Good understanding of networking, particularly Local Area Networks, plus DNS and DHCP.
- - Awareness of virtualised environments.
- - Minimum of 4 years’ IT technical support experience in an ITIL focused service environment, (including administration/troubleshooting of Desktop issues, Active Directory, Web browsers, Exchange mailbox, etc).
- - Proven ability to impart knowledge and document support processes, FAQ’s, knowledge base articles, etc.
- - CompTIA A+ and N+ an advantage
- - MS Certification an advantage and will be expected to be achieved in the role, (eg: MCDST and MCSA/E).
- - Deployment and application packaging (KACE, SCCM) experience would be advantageous
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary details to: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Hachette UK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette UK is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities