Find us great authors. Create great books. Collaborate with a talented team. And learn all there is to know about creating digital bestsellers.
We’re looking not only for great publishing talent, but people who make a habit of improving the way things are done, who embrace change and who enjoy applying science and tech to creativity
Bringing on board talented, consistent authors who we can work with over multiple books to build a readership for. We can get readers to pick up an ebook – we need authors whose stories will have them queuing up for more.
- Identify authors to target for acquisition with a particular focus on crime, thrillers and psychological suspense.
- Direct approaches – identifying authors to target for acquisition and creating persuasive pitches for authors/agents.
- Agent relationships – attract and acquire high-quality submissions from agents.
- Book pitches – create persuasive and commercially focussed pitches to take to acquisition.
- Creating author/agent proposals – outlining our vision and expectations for their books.
12 MONTH TARGET
10 x new authors acquired for global publication
AUTHOR MANAGEMENT / EDITING
Making our books as good as they can be – both in concept and execution. This will Include working on authors you have acquired plus selected other books.
- Concept development – working with authors at the start of projects to optimise commercial hooks and structure.
- Editorial revisions process – overseeing a rigorous editing process (including structural edits and line editing) designed to maximise the number of readers that will purchase other books from that author.
- Preparing manuscripts for typesetting / ebook conversion and supplying final files for distribution.
- Author management – ensuring we offer a good level of ‘customer service’ to our authors whilst also making the best commercial decisions for our books.
12 MONTH TARGET
All publications to have a minimum of 4.0 star rating on Amazon.
90% author retention of authors we want to keep publishing.
Working to maximise revenue for our authors by creating attention-grabbing, persuasive and search optimised packaging and descriptions.
Reviewing the success of each of your title’s by checking Amazon rankings and sales and making changes to optimise if needed.
- Titles and subtitles chosen that are both persuasive and optimised for search.
- Cover design – creating and agreeing effective packaging by producing well researched, commercially focused, clear briefs and collaborating constructively with colleagues and freelance designers.
- Writing effective retailer descriptions and press releases.
- Metadata – drafting effective keywords for your titles.
- Categories analysing and selecting the best Amazon category choices for your books.
- Briefing PR and social media requirements, working closely with our Publicity Manager to ensure each campaign is as strong as possible.
- Monitoring – you are responsible for the success of your books – you’ll need to check how they’re doing daily – if underperforming we’ll need to change something, if performing we can increase promotional expenditure.
12 MONTH TARGET
Generate £150,000 revenue from Kindle sales from newly acquired authors
30% or more of your new releases to hit the Amazon UK top 100.
To apply, please submit your application at: https://bookouture.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=14 with your CV and current salary details.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know. There is also the option of a phone interview.
Hachette UK is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.