At Hachette UK we offer work placement opportunities in a variety of functions across all our divisions.
If you think you may be interested in publishing as a possible career a one-week placement will give you a brief glimpse of a specific area of the business.
During the course of your placement we aim to provide the following:
- - General information on the publishing industry and how it operates.
- Information about the specific division where the placement is taking place.
- An insight into the department in which the placement is taking place.
- The opportunity to shadow a range of tasks typically associated with entry level roles in publishing.
- - Advice and help in developing practical skills to aid your future career in publishing
Work experience placements last for a maximum of one week and are unpaid. We offer reasonable, receipted travel and lunch expenses to get to our office at Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ.
Our work experience placements are advertised on the Hachette UK Facebook page and the @HachetteCareers twitter feed.
If you would like to apply please complete our online form.
We do not accept CVs and covering letters.
On the application form it is important to specify the division and department where you would like to be considered for a placement. You can find out more about our divisions on the Hachette website. Our divisions are:
- Hachette Children's Group
- Hodder Education
- Hodder & Stoughton
- John Murray Press
- Little Brown Book Group
These are the departments which offer work experience placements however please note that not all areas have placement opportunities all year round:
Please note that candidates can do a maximum of one unpaid placement within Hachette in a six-month period
IMPORTANT: We can only accept applications from people 18 years old and over and you must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to the volume of applications received, we cannot respond to every application. Successful applicants will be contacted directly